This year I have so much to be thankful for! Last week at bible study we talked about being thankful for all things....and in all things. Our leader challenged me to make a list of 50 things that I'm thankful for. So, here I go...in no particular order.
1) I am thankful for my husband, Josh. He is so good to me and such an amazing man of God. I am very lucky to be married to the love of my life!
2) I'm thankful for my family....what a treasure they are to me!
3) I am thankful to be an aunt...Kalie and Cole bring me so much joy.
4) I am thankful for my friends...I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life who love and support me each day.
5) I am thankful for my church....and the woman's bible study and our couples home group. Such a blessing!
6) I am thankful for the freedom to worship freely.
7) I am thankful for the men and women who serve our country....and their families who give the ultimate sacrifice.
8) I am thankful for our country....and the people who lead it.
9) I am thankful for our home....and the safety it provides.
10) I am thankful that Josh and I have cars that work and are paid for.
11) I am thankful for hot water to shower with each morning.
12) I am thankful for our air conditioner and heater.
13) I am thankful for our refrigerator, dish washer, microwave, oven, toilets, sinks and washer/dryer....thank you for making my life easier.
14) I am thankful for our dogs and the way they happily greet me each and every day when I get home. They are my biggest fans. I probably love them a little too much. :)
15) I am thankful for my job...I love coming to work each day. What a blessing.
16) I am thankful for wonderful co-workers. I love you girls!
17) I am thankful for my boss who genuinely cares for me, believes in me, trusts me and wants me to succeed.
18) I am thankful for the ministry of Family Legacy...and that Josh is so happy working full time there. What a joy it is to be a part of what God is doing in Zambia, Africa!
19) I am thankful that our financial needs were met this year. Words cannot express my gratitude to everyone who gave to Josh's support account at Family Legacy. We will forever be grateful.
20) I am thankful for all of the clothes hanging in my closet. I need to stop complaining that I have nothing to wear.
21) I am thankful for the food in our pantry/refrigerator...and that we do not have to worry about how we are going to put food on the table.
22) I am thankful for the trip mom took our family on this past summer to Greece and Turkey. It was absolutely incredible....I have so many special memories from those 2 weeks.
23) I am thankful for my dad's home in Colorado....for the peace and rest it brings me when I'm there.
24) I am thankful for Target. If I had to pick one store to shop at for the rest of my life, it would definitely be Target!
25) I am thankful for God's Word and the hope it provides.
26) I am thankful for my book club / supper club girls...what a joy it has been to get involved in our community in Coppell this year!
27) I am thankful for my daily cup of coffee.
28) I am thankful for the Christmas season....it's my favorite time of year!
29) I am thankful for our mailman who delivers our mail everyday. Checking the mail brings joy to my day!
30) I am thankful for my blog....and my blogging friends. I love keeping in touch with old and new friends through our blogs.
31) I am thankful for my health.
32) I am thankful for the furniture we have.
33) I am thankful for my iPhone. I really don't know how I would function without it, as sad as that sounds.
34) I am thankful for my sweet girls in Zambia....I cannot wait to see them again this summer!
35) I am thankful for my computer and email....I rely on it everyday.
36) I am thankful for my ability to think and problem solve.
37) I am thankful that I can be creative.
38) I am thankful that my clients trust me to be a part of the most important day of their lives. I will never get tired of sending a bride down the aisle...it is such a special moment!
39) I am thankful for the TV shows I watch....The Today Show, Glee (my new favorite), The Office, SYTYCD...and others. But, I'll stop there so I don't sound ridiculous.
40) I am thankful for Skinny Cows. Simply delicious.
41) I am thankful for God's mercy and grace...and that they are new EVERY morning.
42) I am thankful that I am confident in myself.
43) I am thankful for the mountains and the sea....and that God created them both for our enjoyment and His glory!
44) I am thankful for the memories of my childhood.
45) I am thankful for the ability to taste....and enjoy food. In moderation, of course! :)
46) I am thankful for my wedding ring....and the constant reminder is serves of my commitment and love for Josh.
47) I am thankful to have in-laws who love me as their own.
48) I am thankful for my education and the opportunity I had to go to college.
49) I am thankful for the power of prayer.
50) I am thankful for laughter.
What are you thankful for this year? I challenge you to make your own list. Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)