Sunday, November 22, 2009

Too yummy...and easy not to share

Yesterday I helped host a baby shower with a few a my dear friends for mom to be, Mel. We had such a great time...I will post about that tomorrow, so stay tuned! Karen was in charge of most of the food...and she did a great job of course. But, one of the recipes she made definitely stood out...the pumpkin muffins!! Not only were they delicious, but they have 2 (yes 2) ingredients and are 100 calories each! She found the recipe on Our Best Bites....my new favorite food blog! These muffins are perfect for Thanksgiving! So, here are the directions....

Preheat oven to 350. Combine and mix 1 29oz can of Pumpkin and 2 Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mixes. Spoon mixture into muffin tins...or directly into muffin pan (just be sure to spray with cooking spray if you don't use muffin tins). Cook for 22 minutes.

I did the math to make sure that they were telling the truth about 100 calories....if you make 24 muffins out of one batch, they are indeed 100 calories each! Here is the recipe on Our Best Bites...they added chocolate chips, which sounds delicious. But I'm all about 100 calorie muffins. Adding the chocolate chips will obviously increase the calorie count.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I am making these tonight! Getting the stuff on the way home.

Kinsey said...

These sound so good! I am going to make them tomorrow!

Lisa said...

These look so yummy! I've made some like this where I added some chocolate chips too.

rwetheri said...

I made these immediately. They were so yummy! Thanks Mindy!