Monday, June 4, 2012

Colorado :: June 2012

Josh and I are having a great time in Colorado! This is our first vacation by ourselves since our honeymoon (almost 7 years ago). We always travel with family and friends, which is wonderful...but it's nice to have some quality alone time together! We arrived in Buena Vista on Friday around lunch time and our flight leaves tomorrow (Tuesday) around 4pm, so our time in one of our favorite spots on earth has almost come to an end...tear. It always goes by way too fast! I know we'll be ready to see our girl tomorrow evening though. We've certainly missed her, but she has been in great hands (and getting whatever she wants) with her Jewelz, GG and Pops! Thank you so much for watching Lucy so Josh and I could take this trip! I actually forgot to bring my camera...really shocking for me, but I've survived with my new found love of Instagram. Here are a few shots from the past few days...

We've enjoyed the view of Mt. Princeton (and some reading time) on the back porch...

and the lovely scenery in town...

We've made a stop (or 2 or 3) at K's Dairy Delite for lunch and evening ice cream treats...

We drove to the top of Cottonwood Pass to see the breathtaking views of the Continental Divide, followed by lunch in town at Mothers Bistro....

We hiked to Agnes Falls....it's was a little tough for me 7 months pregnant in the high altitude...but we made it and it was well worth the trip! Unfortunately, CO is experiencing drought right now so the falls were not rushing, but it was still pretty!

We took a day trip to Aspen! The drive from BV is incredible (and a little scary in a few spots)...

We went to Maroon Bells and hiked around the lake, enjoyed a delicious lunch on the patio at bb's Kitchen and spent some time reading/napping at the park in town. Really, a perfect day in Aspen!

On our way back to BV, we made a slight detour and drove to Leadville for dinner. Josh wanted to try High Mountain Pies, a popular pizza joint in town. I was a little skeptical, but oh my word...it was delicious! I took a risk with the house specialty "The Crocodile"....BBQ sauce, shrimp, bacon, jalapeno and cream cheese. Holy moly...so tasty! We'll definitely go back there next time we're in town!

This morning, Josh took off for a half day hike to Ptarmigan Lake and I'm in town at Bongo Billy's enjoying a latte, blueberry scone, my book and some blogging time. We're both equally happy....

Man, I love this place...

No comments: