Sunday, December 9, 2012

June Marie :: 4 Months


Weight: 15 lbs, 2 oz (82%)
Height: 25.5" (90%)
Head Circumference: 41.5 cms (66%)

I would describe this month as...consistent.  June is on a predictable schedule during the day and night, which has been wonderful!  She is eating 5-6oz every 3 hours during the day...typically at 7:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 4:30pm, 7:30pm and 10:30pm.  She has been on a nursing strike for about 2 weeks now and I think it just boils down to the fact that she prefers a bottle.  This has made feedings very difficult for me because I have to pump, then give her a bottle and manage Lucy during all of this too!  I really hate pumping, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll last with nursing.  My goal was to make it 3 months, so I'm fine if I start weaning soon.  We'll see what happens.  In the sleep department June is napping 3 times a day...typically from 9-10:30am, 12-1:30pm and 3-4:30pm...with a short 20 minute cat nap in the evenings around 6:30pm.  She goes down for bed around 8pm and wakes up around 7:30am!  We are still dream feeding her at 10:30pm, but I think she'll be ready to drop that feeding soon because she's only taking 2-3oz.  Some mornings she is still waking up around 5am, but after some brief crying she'll go back to sleep until 7:30ish.  She loves her paci, but can't keep it in very well.  We don't go in her room anymore when it falls out, so she has learned to soothe herself by sucking on her hand and thumb.  I can't wait until she learns how to put the paci back in her mouth by herself!

June has definitely discovered that she likes the sound of her voice...the octave level has dramatically increased over the past few weeks.  She loves to talk...and wants everyone to hear her!  I think she recognizes her name now and she notices when we come and go from the room.  This past week at bible study, she cried for the first time when I left her...bummer!  Her little face lights up when you talk to her and she laughed for the first time a few days ago...quite possibly the best sound ever!  When she's awake, she likes to be in on the action...I think she's going to be our social butterfly!  She does great in the nursery at bible study and at church.  She enjoys playing on her play mat now and reaches/grabs for all of the dangling toys.  She also likes to look at herself in the mirror and watch her big sister play.  June is a little drool machine now, so we've had to bust out the bibs lately!  She is wearing 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.  June really is the most laid back and easy going baby...I hope this demeanor sticks around!

Happy 4 months baby June!!  We love you more than you will ever know, sweet girl.  You have brought so much joy and happiness into our family.  What a blessing you are!



No comments: