Friday, May 15, 2009

Bon Voyage:::

Update::::Josh made it safely to Zambia! Thank you for your prayers while he traveled!

My sweet husband left yesterday for Zambia for 3 1/2 weeks. He's so excited to get there...and I'm so excited for him, but to be honest, I'm also very sad to see him go and very sad that I'm not going with him. Camp LIFE is such an awesome experience and I'm so sad to be missing it this summer.

During his 3 weeks there, Josh will help prepare for Camp LIFE with the other Family Legacy staff (the first week of Camp LIFE starts in 2 weeks), get to watch the first few houses of the Tree of Life Village open (PRAISE JESUS!), continue working on in implementing new technology into the Zambian Family Legacy office, and improving Camp LIFE processes (I could go into a lot of detail here, but I'll spare you the details and keep this post short and sweet). So, needless to say, he has a lot to accomplish during his time there. Please keep Josh and the rest of the Family Legacy staff in your prayers this summer......for safe travels, health, rest, sweet time with the Lord, that they would be able to accomplish everything on their "to do" list....and most importantly, that the lives of the Zambian children would be changed and filled with the love, hope and grace of of Jesus Christ.

Here are a couple pictures of Josh yesterday right before we headed to the airport. He had 4 suitcases (all packed to the rim and right at the weight limit...50 lbs per bag) and a backpack...



His "I'm sad to leave my wife" look....



A last little smooch...



I just Google chatted with Josh....he had an 11 hour layover in London Heathrow. His flight for Lusaka leaves at 7:05pm London time, 1:05pm Dallas time. The flight from London to Lusaka is a 9 1/2 hours. You can track his flight on this website if you want....I know I will be...I always feel better once he is on the ground! :)

http://flightaware.com/

Type in British Airways, Flight # 255 to track his flight.

While in Heathrow, he reserved a Yotel to stay in so he could get a little rest, take a shower and have Internet access. It's basically a very small hotel room inside the airport....it's pretty cool and he said it was well worth the money! Here's a picture of what it looks like...



I'll be sure to post when I hear from Josh when he lands in Lusaka. Until then, please pray for him. Thank you!

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

God has put you both on my heart a lot these last few days and so just know that I have been praying for you and Josh both. Love you, Elizabeth