Friday, November 5, 2010

Lucy's 2 Week Doctor's Appointment

On Wednesday (11.3.10), Lucy had her 2 week doctor's appointment. Lucy's pediatrician is Dr. Megan Conoley. Doc Meg is a family friend of ours, so I feel extremely comfortable and confident going to her. Lucy got glowing reviews at her appointment...we are so grateful for her health! She weighs 8 pounds now (40th percentile - she was 6lbs, 13oz when we brought her home from the hospital), is 19.25 inches long (75th percentile) and her head circumference is 35.56 cm (40th percentile). She got her 2nd newborn screening test done (heel prick) and she was not a fan of that. Josh had to hold her while the nurse pricked her heel and squeezed the junk out of it. Broke mom's heart to pieces, but I didn't shed any tears! I'm dreading her 2 month appointment when she has to get her first round of shots!

Lucy was a trooper until the heel prick! These pictures were obviously taken before the drama began...

3 comments:

Catherine Valentino said...

I saw the title to your blog on Joy Janszen's blog and that is what caught my eye. You see my niece just had a baby 2 weeks ago also (10/19/2010). Her name is Lucille Elizabeth (they call her Lucy) and my first thought was, 'is it possible that the world is so small that Joy might know my neice.' Well maybe not but I just had to come read your blog just to find out. You have a beautiful baby and I hope she brings you just as much joy as our little Lucy brings to her parents!

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

i just found your blog, i love it. your daughter is so precious :) congrats to you and your hubby.

Kim said...

She is too precious Mindy! I love all the pictures!