Monday, May 16, 2011

Our Best Bites Cookbook...


I've been a follower of Our Best Bites for a couple of years now. I love their recipes...they are extremely delicious, crowd pleasers, and practical for the want-a-be-cook like me. I was so excited to receive their new cookbook as a hostess gift a couple of weeks ago (thanks Liz)! Every single recipe sounds and looks incredible....even if it takes me 5 years, I'm determined to cook my way through this book! One thing I love about the book is that they included beautiful pictures of each recipe, so you know what your end product should look like! I love that!

I had some left over sour cream that was about to expire, so I decided to begin my cooking quest on page 42 with the Sour Cream Pound Cake. Josh and I really like pound cake and this one did not disappoint! I wish I had some whip cream to put on top of it, but it was still tasty without it. Great for breakfast too! This recipe is not on their blog, so here you go...

Sour Cream Pound Cake
{From The Our Best Bites Cookbook}


1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
*to quickly bring the eggs to room temperature, place them in lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.

2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about one minute. Continue beating and add eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and sour cream. Slowly add the flour mixture while beating, and beat just until combined.

3. Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch or 9-inch loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.

Enjoy!

*Next time, I think I will double the recipe and bake it in a bundt pan.

**I wish I had time to blog about all of the recipes I make from this cookbook (you know, kind-of like Julie Powell from Julie & Julia)...but that will NEVER happen. I don't have that kind-of time anymore! :) Sorry folks. But, when I come across a really good one, I'll be sure to share it!

No comments: