Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lucy's First Trip to Colorado...

Dad treated Lucy and I to a trip to Colorado while Josh is in Zambia. We are so happy to be here and Lucy is really enjoying her first trip to Buena Vista! We miss daddy so much, and wish he could be here with us, but we know he is doing amazing work for the kiddos in Zambia! Lucy did great on the plane yesterday. I gave her a bottle right when we took off and she was out for most of the flight. She woke up happy with about 20 minutes left. I gave her a paci while we descended and she had no trouble at all with her ears, thank goodness! Corinne picked us up in Colorado Springs and Lucy slept a little bit more on our way to BV (she is not the best sleeper in the car).

The day started out not so great when I accidentally shut Lucy's pointer finger in the back door. I was holding her, while trying to shut the door and set the alarm, before we left for the airport. Her sweet little finger got in the hinge of the door without me knowing, until I couldn't figure out why the door wouldn't shut...and then Lucy starting wailing. Like I've never heard before. It was horrible. Her finger was so smooshed and it just broke my heart into a million pieces. It took her about 10 minutes to finally settle down. I managed to keep it together and not cry, but I wanted to so bad. I just felt horrible. I gave her some Tylenol and tried to put ice on her swollen finger. Her finger is much better now....still a little sore and slightly bruised, but so much better! OK, enough of that. It gives me the chills just thinking about it.

Today was our first full day in Colorado and we had a fun, fun day. After Lucy's morning nap, we went into town to have lunch at River Rafters and after her afternoon nap, we took a walk up to the pond that is close to our house. Pushing a jogging stroller is tough work when it's all uphill, on rough terrain and at an elevation of over 8000 feet! I definitely got my workout today! Tonight we went to Trail West for their BBQ dinner and square dance night. I'll save this for another post....Lucy looked adorable in her cowgirl outfit! Here are a few pictures from lunch and our walk to the pond...

You can see her swollen finger in this one...left hand pointer finger. She is a tough little cookie. And I still feel horrible...

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Ahh...poor baby and mama!! Looks beautiful there...Connor is taking his first trip to CO in a couple of weeks. We can't wait!

Elyse said...

So beautiful and so much fun! She is a super traveler. I'm a little jealous that you're wearing jeans and there is not a bead of sweat on you! Have fun!

Kim said...

So fun, Mindy! Lucy is just so adorable. Hope you guys are having a blast and enjoying the weather!