Wednesday, April 18, 2012

18 Months...

Weight: 24 lbs. (58%)
Height: 34 in. (97%)
Head Circumference: 47.50 cm. (77%)

Hands down, fastest year and a half of my life. I can't believe my baby girl is 18 months old and in just 4 months, she'll be a big sister! Slow down time...slow down! Lucy's "spirited" personality has really evolved over the last month. We've had a rough few weeks with tantrums....tantrums...and more tantrums. She definitely has strong opinions...and she knows what she likes (and doesn't like). Which is not always a bad thing (at least I keep telling myself that!). We're really working with her on "trying" to control her emotions. She can get worked up over the silliest things. And she can turn those big crocodile tears on as quick as she can turn them off! We've learned that time out is not always the best option for her....sometimes she just needs some quiet time in her crib or a little spank on the hand or leg to get her attention. My patience has definitely been tested over the past month or so....but, I'm trying my best to love her through this phase...and embracing the personality that God perfectly designed her with. Lucy's vocabulary has really evolved over the past month....she knows so many words and each day she surprises me with new ones! She has started combining 2 or 3 words together....momma's keys, daddy's shoes, hi Chloe, etc. I love hearing her talk and learning to communicate with us. And after 6 WEEKS of battling bath time, she has finally come around and is enjoying her bath again! Wow, this was a battle. I'm so thankful that this phase is over (and I hope it doesn't come back for a very long time)! Over the past few days, Lucy has started saying "poop" right before she goes poop...hopefully this is a sign that potty training will be easy??!! I sure hope so! She is still a great eater (although we're struggling a bit with green veggies) and sleeper...12 hours at night (typically 8pm-8am) and a 2-3 hour nap during the day (typically 1pm-3/4pm). Lucy is wearing size 4 diapers, 18-24 months clothes and size 5 shoes. We love you Lucy girl...more than you will ever know. Happy 18 months precious one!!

No comments: