Tuesday, October 9, 2012

June Marie :: 2 Months


I'm not going to say how shocked I am that June is already 2 months old.  It's just a fact that the months are going to fly...so there is no reason for me to be surprised!  They are definitely going by even faster than they did with Lucy.  So time, I'm not surprised by you anymore...but PLEASE slow down.  

Month two with Miss June was great....she is slowing settling into a decent schedule which is making this mommy (and daddy) very happy!  We moved June into her crib at the beginning of the month and the transition was not bad at all.  It was a good move for all of us.  June starting sleeping better and so did Josh and I.  On Sept. 17th (at 5 1/2 weeks old) she did her first 5 hour stretch at night and she has been increasing that stretch a little more ever since.  The longest she has gone is 7 hours, but most nights it's 6 - 6 1/2 hours.  What a difference this has made for my sanity.  I feel like a whole new woman!  She is now eating 7 times per day and taking 4-5oz per feeding.  She eats every 3 hours during the day.  Her typical eating schedule (give or take 30 minutes) is 5:30am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm, 10:30/11pm.  She is getting much better about going back to sleep after the 5/5:30am feeding, thanks goodness!  We are on day 6 of "nap boot camp"...meaning no more napping in her swing or in my arms and only napping in her crib during the day.  It's been rough, but she's making progress.  We're aiming for 3 1.5 hour naps and a short 30/45 minute cat nap in the early evening (I let her do this nap in her bouncer, swing or carseat since we're typically eating dinner during this time).  

Overall, June is a very content and happy baby.  She mainly cries when she is hungry, gassy (it's getting better), during nap time (this will improve) or when she gets knocked in the face by her big sister (she's going to be a tough girl)!  June loves bath time and is doing great in her car seat (I pray that stays that way).  She has some awesome facial expressions, which make us laugh all the time.  Her smile and dimple on her right cheek is just the best...and right before she starts crying she works up a mean bottom lip frown/quiver.  She has started smiling, cooing and "talking" to us over the past couple of weeks and grabbing for objects, especially my hair.  She can hold her head up for longer stretches now and tummy time is slowly becoming more enjoyable for her.  She sat in the Bumbo for the first time a couple of days ago.

June is wearing size 0-3 months clothes and size 1 diapers.  At her 6 week appointment her stats were...
Weight: 11lb 7oz (89%)
Height: 22.50" (81%)
Head Circumference: 38.5cm (68%)

Happy 2 months baby girl!  We love you to the moon and back...which is a really long way.  That's how much we love you.  So, don't forget that.  Ever.

OK, so we're going to have to work on June's monthly photo shoots...I think the flash is throwing her off because she looks shocked out of her mind or like she is about to vomit in most of these pictures!  So, enjoy... :)

3 comments:

Brooks Family said...

Those are some of the best facial expressions! :-) Seriously can't stop laughing

Diana said...

Hi Mindy,
My name is Diana and I am friends with Jacqueline Tapella and Amber Massey. My husband Chris Cabrera went to school in Coppell. I hope you don't mind that I am contacting you but I love your blog.
Chris and I have a 7 week old baby ( Jacob) and we are trying to follow babywise. I see that you have done it with June Marie and wanted to ask you if you wouldn't mind giving your email so I can ask you a few questions about the method. I have the book but still have questions on middle of the night feedings, naps in the crib ...
Hope you have a great day!
Diana

Donna Harvey said...

Thanks for wwriting this