Tuesday, July 9, 2013

June Marie :: 11 Months

Happy 11 Months Miss June!!!

Size 3 diapers
9-12 month clothes (mostly 12 month)

Sleeping
Not much has changed from last month. She goes down for bed between 7:45/8pm and wakes up for the day around 7:45/8am. She's taking 2 1.5 hour naps during the day, typically from 10:30am-12pm and 2:30pm-4pm.

Eating
June has really cut down on the amount of formula she is taking at each feeding...I think this has to do with how much table food she is consuming (girlfriend can eat). We don't offer her baby food anymore because she just refuses to eat it. Sometimes she'll eat a fruit/veggie squeezie. She takes about 2-3oz of formula at 8am (followed by breakfast), 12pm (followed by lunch) and 4pm (followed by a snack)...and about 5-6oz before bed around 7:45pm. She eats dinner around 6/6:30pm when we sit down for dinner as a family. We're working on sign language during meal periods...but all she really likes to do is swipe her food off of the highchair when she's finished. This is a good sign for me that she's "all done"....thank goodness for Chloe, our bottomless pit vacuum.

Activity Time
We have a crawler!!! June officially started crawling (forward) on June 27, 2013 (about 10 1/2 months old). She is still pretty slow, but her speed is picking up with each passing day. She loves being mobile so she can attempt to keep up with whatever her big sister is doing! She is also pulling up on everything. She loves people watching, playing with blocks, books, babydolls, bubbles and bath time with Lucy. Walks are few and far between now that it's so blazing hot!

Milestones/Firsts
Besides crawling, she is working on her 2 front teeth...I'm hoping those beauties will pop through any day now. They have been brutal. Right now June has 2 bottom teeth and 2 top teeth...she has that awesome (and cute) vampire look going on up top! She claps and waves a lot and can say "dada", "mama", and "tada"...I've also heard her say "bye bye" a couple of times. She babbles and "talks" often (and very loudly...to compete with Lucy, I'm sure). June got her first black eye this month compliments of Lucy and some flying blocks...you can still see a little remnant in her monthly pictures plus a little nick on her forehead. She's a tough cookie. June is having some separation anxiety, but it doesn't last long once Josh and I leave the room. She does great in the church nursery playing with all of her other little baby friends!

Personality
June is still happy and laid back as ever...and very content in most situations. She has started expressing her opinions more and really letting us know when she likes or doesn't like something (preparing me for toddlerhood, I guess)!

Happy 11 months sweet one! You are my treasure and bring me so much joy each and every day. As I was rocking you to sleep last night, I took a snapshop of the moment in my mind and heart because I know you won't fit all snug in my arms for much longer. I love watching you grow and experience new things, but it's all happening way too fast for this mama! I can't believe we'll be celebrating your 1st birthday next month! We love you Junie Boonie!!

No comments: