Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday June!

Dear June,

Happy 1st birthday sweet one. My words will never be able to adequately express what my heart is feeling as we celebrate your first year of life today. It was one filled with abundant joy and deep, deep gratitude. My heart may burst as I thank the Lord for your health, your infectious smile, that adorable dimple on your right cheek, your sparkly blue eyes, the little curls in your hair, your arm and leg rolls that are slowly beginning to fade away, the way you growl "mama" when you're frustrated, how you admire and love your big sister, your sensitive and gentle spirit, your laid back and flexible personality...I mean, the list could go on and on. Your are my treasure June Marie...and you will always be my baby girl. Thank you for making me a mom for the second time. I honestly didn't think I would be able to love another child as much as my firstborn. I'm humbled that God created our hearts to instantly double in size. I'll never forget that moment, ever. As you grow, my prayer over you is that "Christ may dwell in your heart through faith - that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have the strength to comprehend what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." {Ephesians 3:17-19}

Happy birthday, my littlest love.

Mama


{A very special thanks to Brooke Shelby Photography}

No comments: