Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Valentine's Dinner Party...

Here are a few pics of the table from our Valentine's dinner last night...


My mom let me borrow the heart shaped bowls...I just love them! I used my everyday red dinner plates and spiced them up with a doiley from Target. I also found the paper napkins from Target. I LOVE Target....they always have the cutest holiday accessories!


For place cards, I filled clear candy bags with cherry sours and used labels (also from Target) to write everyone's name on.


A beautiful arrangement from Bella Flora of Dallas.

Everything turned out really well....and we all had a great time too! It was definitely a fun way to celebrate Valentine's....and cheap compared to going out to eat....restaurants are always way over priced on Valentine's day. For dinner I made a really yummy chopped salad (served in the heart shaped bowls), my famous chicken pot pies (a great recipe from Williams-Sonoma) and heart shaped chocolate molten cakes for dessert.

Whenever I host a dinner party, I always have a "question" or two that everyone has to answer over dinner....last night everyone had to go around and share what they love/admire most about their spouse. The boys always make fun of me for doing this....but deep down, I know they really enjoy it.

I meant to take pictures of the party in full swing....but I completely forgot to get my camera out once everyone arrived....I promise people actually came! :) It was the same group from our Christmas dinner back in December. We truly are blessed with such amazing friends...I heart them. :)

4 comments:

penny lane designs said...

We heart you too! That was so much fun and I am sad the pot pies are over now. :( haha. Thanks for being the best hostess!

Kim said...

Super cute table Mindy! You are so creative!

Caroline said...

looks like this party was super fun :)

haha. love you mindy!

Amber Massey said...

Girl..you are after my own heart! This is exactly my kinda thing! Glad to hear, and see, that it was a success!!