Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tis the Season...

It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone....I wish time would slow down a bit...especially during the holidays....it's my favorite time of the year! The past week has been jammed pack with Christmas parties and family gatherings....we've really had a great time celebrating the season and the birth of our Savior. Now we're at our cabin in Buena Vista, CO relaxing and enjoying the snow...we got here yesterday and will stay through the 2nd or 3rd. I have a lot to blog about and thanks to our extremely slow pace at the cabin (it's wonderful and definitely needed), I should have plenty of time for some new posts during our stay.

Last Friday, Josh and I hosted the 2nd annual Christmas dinner and gift exchange with are dear friends...Marina and Chris Simmons, Elizabeth and Jordan Brazel and Karen and BJ Rector. Here are a few pics from the party...


My dinning room table decorated for dinner....I cooked pork tenderloin, green beans, mashed potatoes and bread pudding...


We drew names and had a $20 limit. Marina had Josh...she gave him a book he really wanted.


Josh had Karen....he gave her A Charlie Brown Christmas.


Karen had me....she gave me this adorable scarf that I've worn 3 times already...I love it!


I had Liz...I gave her a make-up bag and really cute leggings.


Liz had BJ...she gave him new socks that he was strangely excited about....socks was what he wanted. Strange. :)


BJ had Chris....he gave him cigars and a cigar cutter.


Chris had Jordan....he gave him coffee, a coffee mug and gummy bears....a few of his favorite things!


Jordan had Marina....he gave her a precious prayer box.


The girls...


The whole gang....thanks to the timer on my new camera!

Josh and I are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends in our lives...we love y'all!

1 comment:

Karen Rector said...

couldn't have found a better picture of me opening Charlie Brown??? I look like the pillsbury dough girl.