Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Nursery:::Revealed

The nursery is 99.9% complete, so I thought it was time to finally reveal it to the world! I'll start with my inspiration for the room....JLo's nursery for her twins. I saw this picture in People Magazine a couple of years ago and instantly fell in love with it. I made Marina tear it out and save it for me....I scanned it and have had it in my "important documents" folder on my computer ever since!


And so without further ado, I present to you Baby Rives' nursery...

The nursery colors are mixtures of cream and white, with a few funky pops of turquoise and gold
The details...

The chair was in the guest room (now nursery) previously and we had it recovered with some of the same fabrics used in the bedding. We found those fabulous pillows at Z Gallerie and the funky lamp came from a lamp outlet store...we got a killer deal on it! The clear and turquoise crystals hanging off of it are magnetic!
The glider was Jimmy and Jill's...they rocked both Kalie and Cole in it, so I think it's really special that our babies will be rocked in the same chair! It was white with denim cushions....dad painted it turquoise and we had the cushions recovered. The side table was a table I already had...dad gave it a fresh coat of white paint (it was brown).
Glider ottoman...this pattern is monogrammed on my crib bumpers too.
The crib and bedding! A big thanks to my dad and Corinne for purchasing the crib for Baby Rives. The bedding was made by June Jantze, a good friend of my moms.
This satin ribbon was used at our wedding...mom had a lot left over, so we decided to use it for the bumper ties. If baby is a boy, we'll lose the bows and do flat ties!
The framed mirror behind the crib was also a steal of a deal that mom and I found. The area with white was wooden...so mom covered it with some of the left over bedding fabric.
My mom found these beautiful frames...they were gold so we got the spray paint after them! Josh and I chose 2 of our favorite hymns ("Praise to the Lord the Almighty" and "In Christ Alone") to go inside. Debi Sementelli of Lettering Arts Studio did the calligraphy.
This hymn was sung at our wedding...
The chandelier....mom found this gem as well! I thought I wanted a traditional looking chandelier, but mom convinced me to go more modern and I'm so glad that I took her advice. We added some magnetic crystals to give it a little sparkle! A very special thanks to Claudia Nelson for purchasing the chandelier for Baby Rives....thank you Claudia! What a sweet surprise!
The changing table...this table was donated to Josh's parents and they passed it on to us! My dad painted it black and we added crystal knobs to give it a fresh new look. I still need a changing pad and cover....that will come eventually!
Accessories on the other side of the room. You may have noticed that we chose 2 different wallpapers...one for this wall and a different one for the wall that the crib is on. Again, my mom's creative idea!
I found the rocking chair for $10 on Craigslist...it was red so I had dad paint it white. The ceramic vase under the chair was made by my mom's mom ("Gran") in 1964...she engraved her name (Marie Redden) and date on the bottom of it. The owl is from Z Gallerie...I had to have a little Chi O love in the room...and funny enough, my Gran loved owls too. The small picture is of Agness rubbing my baby belly in Zambia and the big picture is a shot of Josh and I on our wedding day...after all, the nursery "is all because two people fell in love!" :)
Fun mirrors my mom found...
The sconce was initially black...again, we got the white spray paint after it. And the gold boxes are gifts from my mom from over the years from her travels to England and Israel...
Clock with magnetic crystals we added!
The fabric for the curtains was the first thing mom and I found for the nursery...we immediately fell in love with it! And I think they may be one of my favorite things in the nursery.
It was definitely a family affair in preparing the nursery! Thank you dad for all of the painting you did! I LOVE YOU!!

And mom, words truly cannot express how grateful I am for all of the planning, organizing, creativity, shopping and hard work you put into making the nursery just what I wanted. Thank you for all of the items you purchased (a lot of them) and for making each detail special. I am so thankful for you and will always cherish the memories we made planning and preparing the nursery together. I love you so, so much! THANK YOU!!

Now, all we need is a baby!!

8 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

HANDS DOWN, the most AMAZING nursery I have seen in a LOOOONG while!!!!! Fantastic job my friend. :) You and that momma of yours...well, I know she's already in the business. :) Now, if she could come to my house, that would be great! Baby Rives, and my sister's baby are due in the same week!

lindsey fusch said...

absolutely beautiful mindy!! baby rives will LOVE it!

Betsy said...

Gorgeous!!! So glad you posted pics :)

Courtney Squillante said...

Just beautiful of course! So glad you had fun with your family getting it all done- what a special place for sweet Baby Rives!

Lori said...

The prince or princess will just love it. You all did a fantastic job.

The Womacks said...

It looks so peaceful and comfy. I am sure that baby will sleep very well in there! Love it!

Unknown said...

Mindy, your nursery is precious! And I sure do love that owl accent! Much love to you guys and your future little one!

Mel said...

Precious Min.. Looks just like you! I cant wait to see it in person! Beautiful.