Sunday, August 7, 2011

2 New Recipes...

This weekend, I tried 2 new recipes that I found on Pinterest. They both were easy, quick and delicious...perfect for weeknight meals. I'll definitely add them to my recipe repertoire!



It was just Josh and I, so I only used 2 chicken breasts (frozen) and halved the sauce recipe. I let it cook for 4.5 hours on low. It was so ridiculously tender that I ended up shredding it and turned it into BBQ chicken slider burgers. SO delicious!! And, Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce is amazing.

The Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Noodle Bake


The recipe calls for beef, but ground turkey would be delicious too if you are looking for a lighter version. I used reduced fat sour cream and cottage cheese and it still tasted really good (some casseroles don't work well with reduced fat options). The recipe calls for 1.25 lbs of meat...but I think you need more. I ran out of meat once I started assembling the casserole. Next time, I'll use 1.5-2 lbs of meat. Delicious, delicious!!!!

1 comment:

Amber Massey said...

I would have to agree with you- Sweet Baby Ray's is AWESOME. I use it anytime I use BBQ sauce :)