Sunday, August 21, 2011

Costa Rica :: Day 3

Day 3 in Costa Rica was spent at Playa Flamingo, about 25 minutes north of Tamarindo. Playa Flamingo is a beautiful area with amazing hotels/homes and pristine beaches. It was a great way to spend our last full day in Costa Rica. We were beach bums all day long....well, the boys played some. But, Marina and I soaked in the sun, read our books and enjoyed piña coladas! We all got quite sun burned this day!
We ended the day with one last round of piña coladas! Cheers to "pura vida" in Costa Rica!!
We ended up driving to San José that evening to catch our flight home the next morning. Our flight ended up being delayed 5 hours, but luckily we found that out before we went to bed on Monday night. So, to kill some time Tuesday morning, we drove to downtown San Jose to site see and do a little souvenir shopping.

In front of The National Museum...we didn't have time to go in!
Shopping...
And that "closes the door" to our time in Costa Rica! Can't wait to return!
We had an amazing time with The Simmons in Costa Rica....I think we all came back refreshed and with lots of fun memories! We sure did laugh a lot while we were there! It was my first time away from Lucy overnight, but I did great and didn't worry one bit about her (I missed her, of course)! I knew she was in great hands and having a blast with her G and Pops (Josh's parents)! A HUGE thanks to Julie and Wray for keeping Lucy....we are so, so, so grateful!! Four and a half days away was the perfect timing....I was so ready to see my Lucy girl when we got home!

No comments: