Saturday, March 9, 2013

June Marie :: 7 Months

Happy SEVEN months sweet June Bug!  Once again, what a fast month...  


Size 3 diapers
6-9 month clothes

Sleeping

June wakes up between 7:30/8am, naps for 2 hours in the morning (usually 10am-12pm), naps for 2 hours in the afternoon (usually 2pm-4pm) and goes down for bed between 7:45/8pm.  She's doing awesome with her naps and her afternoon nap coincides with Lucy's afternoon nap, so I'm getting a solid 2 hours to myself most days! June is still waking up most mornings around 5:30/6am, but after a little crying (and finding her paci) she'll go back to sleep.  I'm VERY ready for this to stop.  Hopefully soon.  June wakes in the morning and from her naps very happy!

Eating

June is taking 4 bottles a day.  Typically at 8am, 12pm, 4pm and 7/7:30pm.  She usually eats about 6 ounces of formula (maybe a little more at her evening feeding).  Thankfully, she is not spitting up much anymore, which has made feeding time (and post feeding time) a lot cleaner...I don't constantly have a burp cloth attached to my shoulder anymore!  We officially started solids at the beginning of the month.  It's been a slow start, but she's getting much better!  She's not a big fan of rice cereal, so I've been mixing it in with her veggies and fruit.  I try and give her solids at least twice a day, typically in the morning after her bottle and before her evening bottle.  If our schedule is crazy, she may only get solids once a day.  She loves munching on Mum Mums too...which is a great activity for her while we're eating dinner.  I really don't like the baby food stage...it's a lot of work and more clean-up on top of washing bottles!  

Activity Time

From the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to sleep, June has her eyes fixed on Lucy.  She LOVES watching Lucy play and desperately wants to get in on the action.  I have a feeling that I'll have my hands full with these two once June is mobile.  It really is the cutest thing when they interact and laugh at each other...I just love it and it makes me so thankful that they have each other!  June still loves playing in the Jumperoo/bouncer thing and on her play mat.  And now that she can sit up, she has fun playing with little toys that are placed around her...and most end up in her mouth.  Her favorite toy to chew on is of course, Sophie the Giraffe.  She is officially done spending time in the swing so we packed it up a few days ago.  June loves bath time with her sister as well!

Milestones/Firsts

I would say that June is officially a sitter now!  She's still a bit wobbly, but she can sit on her own pretty well for longer periods of time (compared to the beginning of the month).  I don't leave her sitting up on her own yet, just incase she takes a tumble...or big sister interferes!  No teeth yet, but still drooling a lot.  June got her first (double) ear infection at the beginning of the month...and it returned again (in both ears) about 2 weeks later.  We just finished our second round of antibiotics a couple of days ago.  I would have never had known that she was sick the first time...no fever, runny nose, fussiness...nothing.  We were at her 6 month well visit and Doc Meg spotted the ear infections.  But, she definitely let us know when round 2 reared it's ugly head.  She woke up around 11pm one night screaming at the top of her lungs and really didn't stop until 4am when she finally went back to sleep.  It was rough and quite scary for Josh and I since it was the first time we'd ever seen her act that way...ever.  I knew it had to be her ears again because nothing else was wrong with her and she didn't even have fever.  Thankfully, we were able to get in to see Doc Meg first thing in the morning for more antibiotics and pain relieving ear drops! Ear infections....stay away.  Thanks.  {We are also very thankful that June does not need a helmet...this was confirmed at her 6 month well visit...yay!}

Personality

June is still the happiest and most easy-going and flexible baby ever.  No lie.  It's ridiculous...and I couldn't be more thankful.  She's my little love bug and her gummy, right cheek dimple smile absolutely melts my heart.  I'll be the first to admit it...I'm a softy for this girl.  

Happy 7 Months Junie!!  We love you little lady...a lot.



1 comment:

Courtney said...

oh my word mindy, shes precious! Love the dress too :)