Monday, November 24, 2008

"O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!"

I know I said I would post these pictures last night, but mom and I didn't finish the tree until tonight. I think it turned out lovely....it gets better (and bigger) every year as I find new treasures to stick in it. Thanks, mom, for all of your help....you always add that extra splash of sparkle that every Christmas tree needs! I love you very much.

Here are a few pictures of the finished product....unfortunately, the pictures really don't do it justice, but you'll get the idea...


The Rives Family Christmas Tree 2008..."there's a lot of sap in here....a lot of sap!"


The sparkly snowflakes were my inspiration for this tree....mom and I found these at an adorable Christmas store in Odessa 2 years ago.


The sparkly white sticks are a new addition to the tree this year...mom found these at Pier 1 last year during their after Christmas sale.


The big read ornaments are a new addition as well. Mom is letting me borrow these....I can't afford them right now! :)


I incorporate traditional and non-traditional ornaments....some are passed down from my Gran (my mom's mom), my mom and Josh's mom...and I have purchased quite a few over the years as well.


Some of my favorite ornaments are from Josh and I's childhood....you can see one of Josh in this picture. He's such a cutie!

Remember...."MORE IS ALWAYS BETTER" when it comes to decorating Christmas trees! Have fun sprucing yours up this year!

3 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Thank you for coming over to my house to decorate my tree! I appreciate it! :) LOVE it....and am borderline jealous of it. I confess. You guys should call us over there at DFW Events for any needs you have!!!!

penny lane designs said...

love it! :)

Kim said...

SO cute mindy! this makes me super excited to get our tree up!