Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So long plastic...

I must admit that the Rives family doesn't recycle....I usually leave the water running when I brush my teeth....and I'm a huge paper waster. Sorry. Please don't judge me.

But, last week my friend, Elyse, convinced me to purchase the reusable grocery bags that all of the grocery retailers carry. So, when I made my bi-monthly visit to our local Tom Thumb on Monday, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase their lovely reusable bags (they are $1/bag...great deal). I was amazed at how much stuff fit in one bag....they rode perfectly it my car (no annoying dump overs or anything).....and I felt pretty darn snazzy walking out of the grocery store with my new bags....like I had accomplished something greater than just buying groceries. I'm a huge fan. Thank you Tom Thumb for helping me grow a green thumb.

Now if I can only remember to take my reusable bags to the store next time I make a grocery run...that will be the real test.

4 comments:

The Joiners said...

Ok so we have some of these bags and usually forget them 3 out of the 4 times that we go to the store each month! So if you come up with a good system for remembering to take them with you, please share :)

penny lane designs said...

you let the water run when you brush your teeth?!?! i'm judging.

Leslie, Kevin, Presley & Jack Lowe said...

haha I am no where near "Mrs. Green" BUT our friends just leave them in the trunk of the car after each use that way they don't forget i thought it was kind of handy, NOW, if i could only buy some of those bags:)

Lindsay said...

So funny! She also convinced me - and I am going to get some next time I go!