Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bedazzled...

The house is finally "bedazzled" for Christmas....there's something about Christmas decorations and lights that make a house just come to life. I love the feeling! Sweet joy.

Welcome to our home...


My momma love came over last night to help me with the tree! Thanks mom for making my tree extra fabulous this year! {Special note....my tree is a collaboration of old and new...I have ornaments from my grandmother, mom, Josh's mom, friends and ones that I've purchased over the years, etc.}

The finished product....Kaci was proud of it. :) {Special note...the tree skirt is a blanket that Josh brought home from Zambia for me...I love it!}

This year, I added big colored light bulbs to my trees and garland. I think they're a fun new touch! We used the same lights on the outside of the house too!

Mom and I have a motto when it comes to decorating Christmas trees...The more the merrier!

Kitchen tree...

The glittered "R" that was on my fall wreath is now a Christmas tree topper!

The kitchen nook...such a cozy spot in our home. We spend a lot of time here. {Special note...the wreath that is hanging in the window hung on our apartment door in Washington DC when Josh and I celebrated our first Christmas together....CRAZY that this is our 5th Christmas as husband and wife!}

Kaci (left) and Chloe (right) pose for a picture by the tree...

Kaci would be the perfect addition to Santa's sleigh...

Chloe would probably pass....she wasn't too happy about the reindeer antlers.

Merry Christmas from The Rives!! {I ♥ him}

Enjoy the season!!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I love your tree and all your Christmas decorations. Your house looks great!!

The Womacks said...

It all looks amazing! I especially love the kitchen nook. :)

Amber Massey said...

Everything looks fantastic!! Love it!

Jenn said...

Miny the tree looks fabulous! Only Mindy and Raedean could do a tree as beautiful and fun as that!!

Mel said...

Beautiful Min.. I havent even gotten ANYTHING out yet.. can you believe it... Totally agree on the tree, its not done until stuff is falling off. :)