Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lucy's 1st Birthday Party!

On Sunday we had our immediate families and a few close friends join us to celebrate Lucy's 1st birthday! It was such a fun and special day for us....and I think Lucy really had a great time too! I went with a "pumpkins and pink" theme so everything was orange and pink. Lots of photos in this post...enjoy! :)

The adorable invitation by Penny Lane Designs
Party decor...
I baked oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies, funfetti cupcakes and Lucy's smash cake...
We kept the food simple...a pear, blue cheese and spiced pecan salad, BBQ chicken sandwiches and chips. And mom made a yummy corn dip appetizer. Everything was delicious!
The backyard...
Family pics...
The adorable birthday girl!!
Checking out the backyard with daddy...
Lucy and Eleanor...best buds!
Sweet Zoe Mae...
Owen...such a handsome little guy! He calls Lucy "Rucy Cake"
Marina and Lucy...
Enjoying lunch in the backyard...
Papa Billy, Josh, Chris and BJ...
Jewelz, Jackie and G...
The Brazeals...
The Simmons...
Uncle Jimmy and G...
It's cake time!! I wasn't quite sure how Lucy would react to this, but she did great and really enjoyed the icing (my kind of girl)!
She was a little hesitant at first, but she warmed up quickly and dug right into her cake!
"Um, dad...stop eating my icing!"
Here is a video from cake time...


Opening gifts! Lucy struck gold with lots of new toys, books and clothes!
E was a big help...
Fancy new cupcake paci...
Mom was such a HUGE help at the party, which allowed me to really enjoy it! Thanks so much mom!
Uncle Jake, Pops, G and Uncle Wes...
G and Pops...
Corinne and Papa Billy...
Aunt Jill, Uncle Jimmy, Kalie and Cole...Amazing friends!
Me and Jill...Me, Mel and Karen...For the party favors I made s'more kits with ghost shaped Peeps...the tag said "I had s'more fun celebrating with you!"
After the party, Lucy crashed! Party hard, sleep hard!! HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY LUCY KATE!!!!

2 comments:

eliz said...

Oh my gosh! after this post I seriously can't wait to throw a kid birthday party!!! You are amazingly creative!

Katie Norwood said...

I mean seriously this is like the cutest one year old party EVER. I will not be surprised when I start seeing all this stuff on pinterest. Every detail is fantastic - the favors, the lanterns, the pumpkins behind the kiddie pool, the high chair skirt, the banners, the wreath, the invitation, the fact that you were all color coordinated - I mean goodness gracious it was perfect. I also love that it was personalized and fun but also low key and chill. I wish I was turning one in your house!