Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October Supper Club...

Alisa hosted supper club this month at her house (for just the girls). Alisa is quite the gourmet cook and she whipped up one fine, fall themed meal! It was absolutely delicious! On the menu was (click on the title to go to recipe and I've also included Alisa's notes)....

Fall Salad
Notes: Instead of the endive and frisee I used organic spring mix (salad) and added 1 small head of radicchio. Also, do NOT use Shallot in the dressing recipe. This is a mistake on the website version of the recipe.

Thyme-Scented Roasted Vegetables
Notes: I did NOT measure anything out when I made this yesterday; the recipe just gave me ideas to go off of. I just chopped up the vegetables I knew I wanted to use, and tossed them with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh thyme.

Sunday Night Roast Chicken
Notes: I didn’t make the sauce for this recipe to go with the chicken. I figured it would have enough flavor on its own, and honestly I didn’t want to mess with having to make it!

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice BarsNotes: I followed the recipe for the bars, but used my own custom-blend gluten-free baking mix of ½ C brown rice flour, ½ C sorghum flour, ½ C arrowroot flour, and ¼ C sweet rice flour (and add the 1 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. baking soda, ¾ tsp. salt, and ¾ tsp. guar gum as the recipe calls for when using your own gluten-free flour blend). I didn’t follow the recipe for the frosting at all, I just threw it together last night!

Maple Marshmallow Filled Whoopie Pies
Notes: I used another custom-blend gluten-free baking mix of 1 ¼ C brown rice flour, 1 ¼ cups sorghum flour, 1 C tapioca flour, 1 C sweet rice flour, and 2 tsp. guar gum. Blend together well in a large bowl with a whisk and measure out what you need for the recipe. Also, when the recipe calls for vinegar, use apple cider vinegar. Again, I didn’t follow the recipe for the frosting, I just made my own from memory.
Seriously, everything was UNBELIEVABLY DELICIOUS!!! Here's to good friends and good food!

No comments: