Thursday, March 27, 2008

Jetsetter (n)

Socialite, one of the in-crowd, one of the beautiful people, one of the glitterate, trendsetter, person about town, member of café society, social climber.

Yep...that's pretty much me in a nut shell. Well, at least it was on Wednesday. On Tuesday night around 7:30pm I received a phone call from my boss Mary-Frances letting me know that our client had arranged for a private jet to take us to Hilton Head on Wednesday for a site visit. This client is getting married in October and wants a destination wedding...not just any ordinary destination wedding I must add. I won't go into details, but let's just say they have a bit of money to spend. So, I picked Mary-Frances up at 8am sharp the next morning and we met the rest of our team and our client near Love Field to catch our 9am flight to Savannah, GA. I must say, it was pretty nice to drive right up to the plane (which was parked next to the Texas Rangers plane) and not have to go through security....I could get use to this real quick! Upon landing, the resort we were visiting had arranged for a limo to pick us up. The limo was literally waiting for us no more than 10 steps from the plane. The limo drove us about 15 minutes to a dock on the Savannah River (which separates GA from SC). We then took a 45 minute private boat to the island resort we were visiting. The resort wined and dined us all day long during our visit....it was amazing! We spent the entire day touring the island and resort. Around 6pm we took the boat back, hopped in the limo and got back on our private jet. We landed back in Dallas at 10pm. It was quite the day...and definitely an experience I'll never forget! And after all that, our client decided that they don't like the place. Typical.

Now, I'm back to reality....

Ahh...the life of a wedding planner...so glamorous. Right........

No comments: