Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend Recap!

Is it just me...or is this yucky weather beating you down today? I can't get into the swing of things...Monday, Monday, I guess. On the brighter side of things...Josh and I had a fun packed weekend. Would you like for me to recap it for you....Ah, I thought so.

Friday night we babysat for the Hughey Family. (Erin use to work for my mom before she had her 3rd baby). Erin and Clay went out for a nice dinner to celebrate Erin's b-day. So, Josh and I got to spend some time with their adorable boys, Parker and Bennett. Ellie, their little girl, stayed with her grandmother Friday night, so it was just me with all the boys. We ate pizza and cookies, played the Wii...and stayed up past bedtime...it was good times indeed. Erin and Clay are expecting their 4th kiddo this June. I can't imagine being in their shoes right now...but they seen to handle things flawlessly. It's very impressive. Are Josh and I ready for kids?

Josh's answer = no
Mindy's answer = yes, please...

kidding....not now, but some day!
I just disappointed my mother-in-law so badly....sorry Julie!


I found this picture of the Hughey kiddos on Erin's Facebook....isn't it great. I love crying Santa pics. :)

On Saturday we slept in a bit...which was nice. I ran some errands and did a few things around the house. I meant to make it by the gym...but it didn't happen. I knew it wouldn't, but I like to start my day like I'm going to work out at some point! :) I went to a bridal shower on Saturday afternoon for my high school friend, Lauren Neal. It was so much fun...I had a great time catching up with old friends, which is always nice. Lauren is getting married next month...April 12th is the big day!!


Liz, Me, Lauren, Jamie and Nicole at Lauren's Shower. Liz is getting married too...on May 3rd!

Saturday night, Josh and I hung out with Michelle and Eric Anton. Josh and Eric are good high school buddies...and I just love Eric's new wife Michelle. They got married this past January in Dallas....it was a beautiful wedding. We went to dinner at Snuffers in Addison and hung out at their new house afterwards. Good times for sure. I'm still feeling those cheese fries though...wow.


The 4 of us at Josh and Eric's company Christmas Party...

Sunday, was my brother's birthday! Happy Birthday Jimmy! We met their fam at 7 Salsa's for brunch to celebrate. I was in charge of waking Josh and I up for early church before the birthday brunch...but I really screwed that one up. Opps, sorry honey! We relaxed Sunday afternoon around the house...I did some laundry...and we watched "Dan in Real Life," which was a pretty good little movie. Sunday night....drum roll please....MICHAEL BUBLE CONCERT!!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! It was amazing! WOW...he puts on such a great show. Josh and I saw him in DC a couple of years ago...and his Dallas show was just as good. I definitely had sweet dreams last night!


Helloooooo.....


Marina, Ali and I at Via Real for dinner before the concert....I know I'm wearing the same shirt that I wore to Lauren's shower...It's new...and I like it. :)


Josh and I before the concert.


Mr. Buble himself...yikes, my camera was struggling....

And now...it's Monday. Happy Monday to ya! Stay warm...and dry!

XOXO,
Mindy

1 comment:

Julie Rives said...

Not only are you breaking my heart, now I'm going to have to return all those baby clothes I had picked up!!! Just kidding