Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Drools....

Happy April Fool's Day...a bit late! I had a busy day yesterday and today, so I apologize that I'm just getting around to posting something new.

So, did you get fooled today? I didn't. Not once. Although I have been fooled in years pasted...pretty good actually. Here are my top 2...

#2
Last year....I received a phone call from Mary Frances (my boss) and Alison (co-worker) letting me know that Mary Frances had just received a phone call from a publicist in Chicago looking for an event planner for a very large and extravagant event coming to Dallas...hosted by someone influential in Chicago. The publicist wouldn't divulge who that influential person was, but it was pretty clear that the person was Oprah!! Of course I was getting really excited on the phone (Josh can vouch for me...we were in the car on the way to the Arboretum)! Supposedly we were going to be interviewed for the job ASAP...but Mary Frances and Alison were on their way to Austin...So, I was going to have to represent DFW Events on my own. Crazy, I know...but I was totally falling for it. After a bit...MF and Ali started giggling and screaming "April Fool's!"

#1
Freshman year in college....Josh had been to A&M for the weekend visiting. He had just left to drive back to Baylor...usually he would call me as soon as he got to Waco to let me know that he made it back safely. A couple of hours had passed and I hadn't heard from him. I kind-of started to worry, but tried not to think about it. A while later I received a phone call from a guy friend of Josh's at Baylor....he told me that Josh had been pulled over by a cop on his way home from A&M and ended up getting arrested for an outstanding speeding ticket. Of course I started flipping out! Josh's friend told me that Josh said not to worry and that he would call me as soon as he could. So, Josh let me dwell in my misery for a long time...or it seemed like a long time, until he called me to say "April Fool's!" Not funny Josh...not funny.

Sleep tight everyone...and Happy April Fool's!

No comments: