Monday, April 21, 2008

Green Thumbs?

I have no idea why, but Josh has been talking about planting a new tree in our yard for almost a month now. As most of you know...Josh is normally more into computers, TV's and the Xbox than gardening! :)

On Saturday Josh's parents delivered a cherry blossom tree to our house as an early b-day present for Josh (Josh's b-day is tomorrow!). So, while I was away working a wedding, Josh planted his cherry blossom tree in our side yard. I must admit that I was a little nervous about Josh planting the tree without me (I'm the perfectionist and control freak in our family), but he actually did a really great job! Here is a picture of the new tree...



We're hoping that the little guy will make it...cherry blossoms trees tend to have a hard time in clay soil, which we have in Coppell. But, hopefully one day (with some tender loving care) it will look like the cherry blossom trees in DC! When Josh and I lived in DC, experiencing the cherry blossoms in full bloom was by far our favorite memory...it was like walking in a dream world! So amazing!


Josh took this picture....The Jefferson Memorial is in the background.


As you can see, the cherry blossoms are quite popular in DC. If our cherry tree makes it, we're going to start charging people to look at it...


Josh and I enjoying a picnic under the cherry blossom trees...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your tree. (it needs it!) I think it would do better if it had a name. Good luck!! Michelle (Marina's mom)