Monday, June 9, 2008

Are those cookies homemade?

Why, yes they are. Well, not really, but they sure do look like it! During our last visit to the grocery store, Josh made me buy Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough in the family sized tub. I was a little skeptical at first...for some reason I get grossed out when things come in bulk (and I'm just comfortable with my usual square shaped slice and bake cookies)...but I purchased the tub anyways to appease my husband. Last week I needed to make cookies for 2 different events, so I whipped out my tub-o cookie dough and got to work. I used an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough onto my cookie sheet. I baked them for about 8 minutes at 375 (they were still a little doughy when I took them out) and let them cool on a cooling rack. After the cooled I arranged them nicely on a platter and sprinkled powdered sugar on top. They turned out beautifully....and really looked and tasted like homemade cookies! At each event, people asked me if they were homemade. Of course, I was honest and said, "no"...but I was very tempted to say, "why, yes they are!" So, next time you need to make cookies, pick up a tub of Nestle Toll House cookie dough in the family sized tub...you won't be disappointed!

I'll leave you with a picture of our new pup, Kaci. I found her like this on Friday night, face planted into our tile floor...but sleeping soundly none the less.

No comments: