Thursday, June 5, 2008

More of Kaci...

Day 1 of new puppy has been a success...well, somewhat. Unfortunately, Kaci is a bit of a piddler....she enjoys marking her territory on my hard wood floors and new area rugs. I've been chasing her with carpet cleaner all day long! But, other than that, she's doing great! She slept a lot today, ate well and has enjoyed a few play sessions with big sister, Chloe. We've got a lot of training ahead of us, but hopefully she'll catch on quickly to the rules and regulations of the Rives' household. Moral of the story = puppies are hard work!

We got miss Kaci from a breeder in Sherman. I found her from an add in the Dallas Morning News. Kaci is a 9 week old Malte-szu (half Maltese / half Shitszu) just like Chloe.

Chloe is doing really well with her. Chloe followed Kaci everywhere today....a very concerned and protective big sis! I think they're going to be great friends...especially as Kaci gets bigger...she is just so small right now compared to Chloe, so Chloe pretty much tramples her when they try to play.

Here are a few pictures I took today....





To be quite honest, I NEVER thought that Josh and I would have 2 dogs....I have to keep reminding myself that I haven't gone crazy....yet.

3 comments:

The Joiners said...

1. I want to steal your dogs because they are so incredibly cute.
2. We have 2 dogs, and I feel ya :) Have fun!

no mere mortals said...

that's one seriously cute dog...

Artsy Fartsy said...

Your puppies are soo cute! After seeing Kaci's pictures, I am really starting to wonder if our little Betty Rascal really is a Yorkie-Poo. She sure looked a lot like Kaci when she was a pup!

http://artsyfartsyshopaholic.blogspot.com/2007/02/whoopsie-poopsie.html