Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Questions!

I've received this email a few times, so I thought I would turn it into a blog post for everyone to see...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sure! My mom wraps the most beautiful packages....I love opening her gifts!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial...it's just easier. Although, I love the smell and look of a real tree!

3. When do you put up the tree? It's different each year...the earlier the better though! This year our tree went up the weekend before Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the week after New Years...I like to enjoy it for as long as possible.

5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely not!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Our dog, Max. I think I was 4 years old or so...it was a complete surprise to my brother and I....so fun!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad...sorry, dad!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Josh...he always knows exactly what he wants.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes...my mom got me one on her trip to Israel last year.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...I love receiving Christmas cards!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A used 3 speed bike when I was little...at the time I was so excited about it....but looking back, it makes me wonder why my parent's decided to go with a used bike instead of a new one... :)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story and....this is embarrassing, but my all time favorite is Smoky Mountain Christmas with Dolly Parton.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I can, but usually not until the beginning of December.

14. Have you ever re-gifted a Christmas present? Yes...my 5th grade teacher gave our class bear shaped ornaments that she signed on the back. I took a black magic marker and colored the back of the ornament so you couldn't see her signature anymore and gave it to my mom that year for Christmas. Brilliant!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas treats like gingerbread cookies, toffee, fudge....really, anything sweet!

16. Lights on the tree? Oh, yes!!

17. Favorite Christmas song? I have way too many favorites, but if I have to pick one, O Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually, we're traveling. Growing up, we were always at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph!!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither....the top of my tree is super funky...see picture below from a previous post.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When we're with Josh's family, Christmas Eve....with my family, Christmas morning. I really like Christmas morning better, but that is just what I'm used to.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It always sneaks up on me and goes by way too fast!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love all of my bright colored, sparkly ornaments....and my pass-down ornaments from my grandmother and mom.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey and dressing.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new car with a big red ribbon on top! I think my husband is going to get this for me. He's so great! ;)

These questions are so fun, so I'm going to turn this into a tag....Marina, Karen (hopefully this will force you to update your blog), Julie, Jenni and Jamie....you're it!

No comments: