Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn Color Run and Fried Food...

On September 19th we all participated in the Buena Vista Autumn Color Run...Jimmy and Jill ran the half marathon and the rest of us did the 5K or 10K. Josh and I ran (and walked when needed) the 10K. 6.2 miles might not seem like a long way....but at 8000 feet above sea level, it is! I ran more than I walked, so I was quite proud of myself! Josh finished in 1 hour and 2 minutes and I finished in 1 hour and 16 minutes.

This is me about to cross the finish line. I was running so fast that the camera couldn't catch a clear shot of me. The little girl in the white jacket was amazed....can't blame her.

Jimmy and Jill right after they finished the half marathon! WAY TO GO!!!

I'm sorry, but this picture is awesome...this is my mother-in-law finishing in true Rives style!

The whole gang...

Josh, Me, Jill and Jimmy

That afternoon we all relished in our runners glory by eating crab claws, burgers and Jimmy's famous fries! We had so much fun hanging in dad's shed watching Jimmy fry...

Crab claws...

Sweet potato fries with Jimmy's famous seasoning...

My Aunt Debbie, me, Corinne and Jill...


Our time in BV went by way too fast! We can't wait to get back up there after Christmas!

No comments: