Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fine dining in a gas station...



On Sunday evening Josh and I drove out to Watauga, Texas to eat at Chef Point Cafe, located inside a Conoco gas station. Yes, I picked to eat inside a gas station for my birthday dinner date! :) I have heard so much hype about this little dive that I wanted to finally try it for myself. And I must say....it was DELICIOUS. Seriously, the food and service was unbelievable. It was so funny eating a nice meal inside a gas station....half of the store still looks and acts like a convenience store. From where I sat, I had a great view of the Pennzoil display!

A little Chef Point Cafe history from their website...

Chef Point Cafe is the creation of Franson and Paula Nwaeze. The husband and wife team started looking for a way to open a restaurant in 2001, but most banks were skeptical about lending them start up capital because of their lack of experience and collateral. They discovered that they were much more likely to get financing to open a gas station and once they found a filling station under construction that came up for sale, they jumped at the opportunity...and the rest is history! A mixture of hearty American comfort food and Italian cuisine, the Chef Point Café menu includes such delectable culinary creations as crab cakes topped with roasted bell pepper, lobster bisque, and grilled sea scallops in garlic butter. Their success has been recognized nationally by Paula Dean and Food Network's Diners Drive-Ins and Dives.

If you're looking for a fun, new place to try out, you have to go to Chef Point Cafe. We had a blast and look forward to returning soon! It's definitely worth the drive out to Watauga!

P.S....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINA!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU TONS!!!!

No comments: