Monday, September 7, 2009

Sweet Dreams...

Our master bedroom is the one room that we really didn't change much when we moved into our house 2 years ago....so, I've been itching to make it "my own" for a while now. I know it will be a process to get it where I want it, but I'm hoping to start with a couple of updates this month for my birthday. On my wish list is a new chandelier and carpet. I'd also love to eventually get new bedding, paint, wallpaper, shudders and accessories. My style has definitely evolved over the years and I still don't know if I actually know what my style is. But for the meantime, I'm really digging tranquil spaces that are traditional with a bit a whimsy, warm, well accessorized and clean lined....not sure if that all makes sense together, but whatever! :) Color wise, I'm loving a mixture of turquoise, khaki, browns, blacks, reds and whites. I was perusing House Beautiful this evening and found some amazing bedrooms....I'd be happy with any of them! Take a look...







OK, so I don't know if I would actually pick this one, but I thought it was funky and fun.

This one if from Wisteria's September 2009 catalog that I got in mail last week....I think it may be my favorite look....


Sweet dreams,
Mindy :)

"The only thing that separates us from the animals in our ability to accessorize."
-Clairee Belcher from Steel Magnolias

No comments: