Monday, May 24, 2010

19 Weeks...

Baby Rives at 19 Weeks...
What a thrill it has been this week to feel baby flutters inside...I felt my first flutter right after we landed in Lusaka, so I'm guessing that was baby's way of saying that he or she is happy to be here {or maybe just happy to be off the plane}! Baby is adjusting well to life in Zambia. I can't believe that we have already been here for a week....time is flying by! I'm feeling great, besides some minor allergies. The air is so different here and the dust is a little overwhelming at times....I'm sure I'll get use to it eventually. Thankfully, I've been sleeping really well at night... and eating lots of tasty Zambian food!

Today was the first day of Camp LIFE.....it's a smaller week {less Americans Counselors and Zambian kids} but they do that on purpose so they can work all of the kinks out before we have 70-100 Americans and 1000 Zambian kids each week. Next week is an off week and then we'll start back up the following week for Week 2 of Camp LIFE. My mom and Josh's mom will be here for Week 3 of camp....I can't wait for them to get here!! Josh has been extremely busy with work and I'm staying busy as well helping with whatever needs to be done.

Yesterday after church, we went into town for lunch and to do a little shopping. This area is called the Arcades....there is a huge grocery store there and quite a few restaurants and shops. See Mom, It's really not that different than Dallas! :) This area is obviously utilized by the upper class of Lusaka.

The Arcades...Zambia's version of a strip center!
This is a hardware store...their version of Home Depot!
This is Spar!!! An amazing grocery store that has everything I could ever need or want....from tasty fruits and vegetables to lots and lots of CANDY!!
And here is my handsome hubby driving on the right side of the car! He's a great driver here in Lusaka {they drive on the left side of the road}. I took this picture before we made a quick trip to the local market {not quite as nice as Spar} to pick up some bread and eggs...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We had Spar in Norway! Ha ha! You look adorable!