Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Packing Mania...

T minus 3 days until we leave for Zambia....it's really hard to believe that it's actually here. We have been thinking about and preparing for this trip since last summer, when God laid it upon both of our hearts that we needed to spend an extended amount of time in Zambia. My goodness, time flies! We have been busy little bees this week gathering everything we'll need for 8 weeks away from home....our guest room looks like a suit case hurricane hit...hard! They're everywhere....but slowly starting to get filled and zipped up! We get to check 3 bags each and we each get 2 carry on bags....so 10 bags total! No traveling light here!


Not only has this past couple of weeks been filled with preparation (and endless to do lists), but also with reflection on the amazing opportunity we have before us to serve the Lord and the orphaned children of Zambia. My heart is is completely full with gladness and gratitude. We are so blessed. Truly, God has taken care of every single detail....why do I ever doubt him. Thank you Lord Jesus for your faithful provision.

And never in a million years did we think we would would be traveling to Zambia with a baby on board! I love God's sense of humor. I'm resting in the promise that His timing is perfect. Since the day we found out that we were expecting, we've been fervently praying that the Lord would clearly reveal to us whether or not I was suppose to go to Zambia. He has graciously shown us His will and we feel 100% confident in that! Fear has a way of sneaking it's nasty little head in my heart at times, but my faith rests in God alone. He is my protector. He is my shield. He will walk before me during our time in Zambia. I'm so thankful for His promises!

The thief comes only to steal and destroy. I came that you may have LIFE and have it ABUNDANTLY. John 10:10

3 comments:

Lori said...

Amen, you said it beautifully. Enjoy your trip and your wonderful experience of faith. You and your husband are doing a wonderful thing.

Unknown said...

I love it! I can't wait for you to come back so I can hug your neck, rub your belly, and you can tell us all the great things God has done!

texasknights said...

Hey! That looks just like the scene over here at my house! Heehee. I know you are so excited. That to do lists has killed me lately !