Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Baby Bump at Week 18 (plus a couple of days)...

Week 18....Zambian style {no makeup and air dried hair}!
The baby bump has grown quite a bit over the last couple of weeks. Granted, this picture was taken after I thoroughly enjoyed 3 pieces of pizza and a coke for dinner! Baby seems to be adjusting well to life in Zambia. Yesterday morning was the first time that I really didn't feel well, but I think it was due to not eating enough for breakfast before we headed out to tour one of Family Legacy's Community Resource Centers and Lifeway Christian Academies. After lunch at Subway {don't worry...I had them torch my sandwich in the microwave}, I felt much better!

I am not taking any malaria medicine while we are in Zambia, so please pray specifically that God would protect me and baby from malaria and any food/water related diseases. Since we have been here we have not seen one mosquito! The mosquitoes that carry malaria only come out between midnight and 6am, so that is why we are sleeping under a net. Thank you so much for your prayers!

5 comments:

The Womacks said...

You look beautiful!

Caroline said...

You are cute! Air-dryed hair and all! Hope Zambia is wonderful already! Love you!!

the welsh said...

OMG... hottie! Cute tiny bump!

Lauren said...

Oops... The Welch is Heather's gmail account. Apparently she was signed in on my comp! So sorry! That last comment was from me, Lauren Larsen :). xoxo

Julianne said...

I will definitely pray for your protection against malaria!! I'm so glad I have something specific to pray for you during your trip. Enjoy and I love all the blog updates!! Don't think I've told you yet... congrats! Being a mom is indescribable, just wonderful!!