Monday, May 17, 2010

In Lusaka...

In Father of the Bride terms...."George, she landed." We are so excited to be on the ground safely in Lusaka, Zambia! Our flight from London to Lusaka was super easy...no problems at all. We were extremely lucky to miss the Heathrow closing due to the volcanic ash. We landed around 6:30am Lusaka time (11:30pm Dallas time). It took some time to get everyone and everything through customs. We made it to Mulungushi Housing Village (home sweet home for the next 8 weeks) around 9:30am. After unpacking the basics and putting some sheets on the bed, we took a much needed nap for about 4 hours. In the afternoon, we headed out to the Tree of Life Children's Village to see the amazing progress of the school being built there and to play with all of the kids. The highlight of my day....I finally got to meet our Agness!! When she saw us, she bee lined for Josh and I....it was so amazing! We spent a couple hours at the village with the kids and then headed into town to eat dinner. We ate at a delicious place called Mint.....they have wonderful sandwiches, salads, smoothies, etc. It hit the spot! Now we're back at Mulungushi unpacking and getting settled. We're trying to stay up as late as we can so we can get adjusted to the time change (we're 7 hours a head of Dallas). Tomorrow we'll hit the ground running unloading all of the containers that were shipped over and getting prepared for Camp LIFE to start next week. Beside being tired, I'm feeling great! I think that I'm starting to feel baby "flutters" inside! I will post an 18 week belly pic this week. I missed week 17 since we were so busy getting ready for our trip.

Back to unpacking!!

Lots of love from Zambia,
Mindy

5 comments:

Liz Griffin said...

so glad you made it there safe!! Have a great time!!

Lori said...

Praying for the blessings you are bringing to this area! Keep safe and happy.

Karen Rector said...

YAY, I am so glad you got to meet Agness!! And I am so glad you are there safe and secure, but.... come home!

Lauren said...

yay! excited to keep up with you guys! praying for you both.

texasknights said...

OH MY WORD! Andrew and I use that phrase all the time and that is exactly what I thought when I heard you all landed. SOOOOOO happy you all had a smooth travel experience!!! Now we are praying that the kids and I will have the same experience in 18 days. Give my Andrew a hug!