Tuesday, July 6, 2010

25 Weeks...

Well, today marked my last belly pic from Zambia! It's hard to believe that I arrived at 18 weeks and going home at 25 weeks. Baby has definitely done a lot of growing over here! Today was picture day at camp...all of the kids get their picture taken with their American and Zambian counselors and on Friday they get a certificate with the picture on it. I thought it was only fitting that baby and I had our picture taken today too! I really can't believe that tomorrow is my last full day in Zambia....the time has flown by! Next time I'm in Zambia, I'll have baby Rives (or more like toddler Rives) with me!! I am truly grateful for past 7 1/2 weeks that I have spent here...especially with baby on board. I never in a million years would have thought that I would be pregnant in Africa, but God had different plans! My faith and trust in Him has grown leaps and bounds through this experience. I praise Him everyday for his shield of protection over me and baby. Thank you, Jesus....thank you!


I was certain that I flew out tomorrow (Wednesday), but I was checking my flight itinerary on Monday night and realized that my flight doesn't leave until Thursday morning...pregnancy brain at it's finest! I fly from Lusaka to London...overnight layover in London (in a nice hotel room!)...scheduled to arrive at DFW at 3:40pm on Friday. Please pray for safe travels!

2 comments:

penny lane designs said...

i can't believe how big the bump is! can't wait to see you so soon!!

Mel said...

So excited to see you and baby!