Friday, July 2, 2010

Visiting the Simbya Family...

I just got back from visiting Gertrude's family. They were very grateful that I came and were very excited about the clothes, toiletries and food items that I brought them. There were quite a few people at their house so it was fun meeting some of their family and friends. The family was definitely saddened over the loss of Gertrude. Gertrude's parents were doing well and very thankful for all that Family Legacy has done to support them during this difficult time. I brought them pictures of Gertrude and Junior at Camp LIFE on shoe day and a picture of their family with Josh and I when we took them food last month. They were so very happy about the photos as they don't have any pictures of their family. Unfortunately, Junior, the middle child is sick right now and was sleeping while I was there. Family Legacy is going to try and get him into a Community Resource Center (the ministry would have full time custody of him) so we can make sure that he is getting proper nutrition and taking his meds. We don't want the same thing to happen to him like it did to his big sister. My heart is still so heavy over the loss of sweet Gertrude, but seeing the family today did help with the grieving process tremendously. Please, please keep this family in your prayers....especially for their health and salvation. I prayed over them and their house before I left today. All I can do now is pray....and prayer is a very powerful thing.

1 comment:

Elyse said...

Praying for her sweet family and everyone who loved Gertrude. Prayer is very powerful!